It’s time for the third HTU reading challenge! Unfortunately, I was the only participant who completed last month’s challenge. I sincerely hope that we have more eager readers opt in this time around. This month’s challenge is a little different: It’s a poetry challenge. Below I’ve provided full rules and entry directions.
Rules/ How To Enter:
- Decide on a collection of poetry to read. For this challenge, it needs to be a collection compiled of works from only one poet. Be prepared to do some research on this poet.
- Once you’ve decided, post a comment here stating your name as you want it to appear, your blog address, the book of poetry you’ll be reading, and the poet. Please sign up by August 20, 2009.
- Keep your blog readers posted on how you’re doing in your book via frequent posts or a widget.
- Once you’ve finished the book of poetry, post another comment here.
- Write a post for you blog that contains a brief review of the poetry, and a little biography of your poet. Be sure to include a portrait or photograph of the poet.
- I’ll send you a little graphic/award via firstname.lastname@example.org for you to place somewhere on your blog.
- It’s usually easier to find information on classic poets such as Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, or Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- You’ll need a blog to participate in this challenge. If you don’t have one, you can get one for free at any of these excellent websites: http://blogspot.com , http://edublogs.org , or http://wordpress.com .
I’ll be reading The Raven and Other Poems by Edgar Allan Poe. I look forward to hearing from you!