At the very beginning of the history of this blog, a little less than a year ago, I wrote a post titled “Some of my Favorite Books” which listed ten of my favorite books and series. Now, I realize that that list needs serious updating. And, where’s the list of my least-favs? Here I list the books I highly recommend, and afterwards, the ones that, frankly, I don’t.
- The Books of Bayern series by Shannon Hale
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
- The Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini
- Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull
- Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage
- Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
- Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Please keep in mind this list is subject to change!
- Swordbird by Nancy Yi Fan
- The Capture by Kathryn Lasky
- Bright Shadow by Avi
- Jade Green by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Zel by Donna Jo Napoli
That’s all I can think of right now, and, as mentioned above, this list is subject to change! And I have another note on not-worthy-of-publication books. Molly, a relative, friend, and commenter, has asked me to warn readers against one book that she read and detested: Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson. She says this book was an utter waste of time and money, and I’m going to take her word for it! From what she’s told me, I can tell it’s horrid.