Recipe for Maui Munch trail mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup granola, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1. Pour all ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
2. Measure 1/2-cup portions into plastic baggies.
Tips/ About This Recipe:
This recipe makes four 1/2-cup portions, which I’ve found to be the perfect size for a quick, energizing snack. Even though this trail mix is delicious and sweet, it’s all natural and healthful– perfect for after school or a sports event, when you need a tasty boost.
Some of the ingredients, such as the dried banana and pineapple, might not be available at your local grocery store. If this is the case, health food stores usually carry those more exotic items.
I developed this trail mix recipe for the county fair last year. It one a blue ribbon! I like this trail mix a lot, so I make it often.