Since tomorrow is Earth Day, I decided to write and post a quiz: “How Green Are You?” Here it is; enjoy! (These are all yes-or-no questions.)
- Have you picked up litter at your local park, beach, or on your street in the past year?
- Have you planted a tree in the past year?
- Do you carpool or use public transportation?
- For shorter distances, do you ride your bike or walk?
- Do you turn off the water while brushing your teeth?
- Do you use solar or wind power? (You can request “green” power from some power companies.)
- Do you buy local, organic foods?
- Have you planted a vegetable garden in the past year?
- Do you use reusable shopping bags?
- Do you use reusable beverage and food containers?
- Do you turn off lights and electric appliances when not in use?
- Have you donated unwanted items to charities in the past year?
- Do you dry clothes outside on a line?
- Do you recycle?
- Have you switched to compact flourescent light bulbs?
If you answered 12-16 questions “yes”… you are Bright Green. Bravo! You clearly care very much about our Earth and do all you can to help preserve it. Keep up the good work!
If you answered 6-11 questions “yes”… you are Moderate Green. You’re doing several ecologically friendly things, and you’re on the right path, but are you trying your very hardest? Look over the list above and see what else you can do.
If you answered 0-5 questions “yes”… you are Pale Green. You don’t always try to be eco-friendly. Being good to our Earth doesn’t have to be hard; you can easily incorporate a few of the green actions listed in the questions above into your lifestyle.