Liam, Head Phil has passed on a few blogging awards to me! Gratias tibi ago, Liam–you’ve saved me from having to write a boring post on John Steinbeck, as I had planned.
This first one…I must agree with Liam on the fact that the spelling is making me twitch. Luckily it isn’t as visually assaulting as Mrs. Sparkly. The rules for this one are as follows: you must answer ten questions, give ten random facts, and pass it on to seven other bloggers.
What is your favorite song? At the moment my favorite song is “No Light, No Light” by Florence + The Machine, but this will surely be different in a week or two.
What is your favorite dessert? There’s this monstrous dessert that can be found in a certain restaurant in New Hampshire–it’s called Mississippi Mud Pie, and consists of coffee and chocolate ice cream in an Oreo shell topped with hot fudge and mounds of whipped cream. Yeah, that one.
What ticks you off? Ignorance above all else.
When you’re upset, what do you do? I go for a walk in my friendly neighborhood cemetery. Being alone with the headstones and crows always calms me down.
What is your favorite pet? I’m partial to pet birds.
Which do you prefer: black or white? Black.
What is your attitude? Usually, or right now? My standard attitude is snarky, but at the moment I’m fairly serene.
What is perfection? A myth invented to make us feel bad and spend money. (Oops, maybe I am still feeling snarky.)
What is your guilty pleasure? Tumblr. I know I spend much more time on it than I should, but there’s no going back now.
Now for those random facts:
- I was recently disappointed to discover that it’s illegal in the United States to keep any native species of raven or crow as a pet. There goes my dream pet idea.
- I was Pottermore sorted into Slytherin after identifying as a Ravenclaw since I first got into Harry Potter. I’ve since embraced my House fully.
- My Meyers-Briggs personality type is INTP.
- I’m currently listening to the album “Siberia” by Lights.
- I’ve been seized by the wild desire to learn to draw. My obsession with art is coming close to my level of passion for writing.
- I’m still recovering from the emotional upheaval that resulted from watching the Sherlock season two finale.
- Today my friends said that, and I quote, “Allegra does not participate in tomfoolery and whimsical activities.” Make of that what you will.
- Narcissism is probably one of my biggest flaws.
- The only things I drink regularly are water, milk, and apple juice. I really love apple juice.
- I’m trying to learn “Beatdown” from the Homestuck soundtrack on the piano despite being extremely bad at playing this particular song. It’s gotten to the point where I’ll only practice it when no one else is within earshot.
This one looks much better than the “Kreativ Blogger.”
- This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
- Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay)
- You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.
Top five favorite books? All right, here goes nothing. In no particular order:
- Beka Cooper: Terrier by Tamora Pierce
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Here are the joint recipients for both awards:
The Word Asylum
Comfy Sweaters, Writing, And Fish
A Farewell to Sanity